All pages of the General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited web site are: Copyright ©1998 – 2020 General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited, all rights reserved.
Thank you for visiting the General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited (GDUK) website. GDUK has set up some ground rules to ensure we can keep this area useful, informative and safe for everyone. GDUK reserves the right to change these guidelines and disclaimers at any time, and you agree that each visit you make to generaldynamics.uk.com or authorised General Dynamics websites (collectively, “the GDUK website”) shall be subject to the current guidelines.
We encourage you to share your comments and questions with us and other users. We promise to read all the mail you send to us, but we may not be able to respond to all of them. Please note that we assume no responsibility for reviewing unsolicited ideas for our business (like product or advertising ideas) and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future GDUK programmes. Also, please remember that you are responsible for whatever material you submit, and that you, and not GDUK, have full responsibility for the message, including its reliability, originality, and copyright. Please do not reveal trade secrets or other confidential information in your messages. Any and all rights to materials and ideas submitted to us become the exclusive property of GDUK.
The GDUK website may contain links to and frames of sites which are not maintained by GDUK. While we try to include only links to or frames of those sites which are in good taste and safe for our visitors, we are not responsible for the content of those sites and cannot guarantee that sites will not change without our knowledge, and inclusion of such links and frames in the GDUK website does not imply GDUK’s endorsement of the linked or framed sites or their content.
You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this service, except that you may download material from this service for your own personal, noncommercial use as follows: you may make one machine readable copy and/or one print copy that is limited to occasional articles of personal interest only.
This website and all the information it contains are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. All implied warranties, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, are hereby expressly disclaimed.
Limitation of liabilities
Under no circumstances will the General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited be liable to any person or business entity for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other damages based on any use of this web site or any other web site to which this site is linked, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, or loss of programs or information, even if General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited has been specifically advised of the possibility of such damages.
Our commitment to privacy
Information we collect
“Personal Data” is information that identifies you as a natural person or relates to an identifiable natural person. We may collect and process the following Personal Data from you:
- Personal contact information such as name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Business contact information such as business address, telephone number and email address;
- Information necessary for you to perform services for us;
- Instructions, comments, and opinions you provide when you contact us directly by email, telephone or mail;
- Payment and transaction information for billing purposes;
- Images captured by on-site CCTV or photographs from business events.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We may collect and process the following Other Information:
- Browser and device information;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal specific identities;
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals specific identities.
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Data under applicable law, then we will collect, use and disclose it for the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose Personal Data as detailed in this Policy.
How we collect personal data and other information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Data electronically in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (“Apps”);
- Through HTML-formatted email messages that we may send to you (“Emails”);
- Through extranet sites made available to you (“Extranet Sites”);
- Through services we provide to our contractors and suppliers; and
We also may collect Personal Data offline in a variety of ways, including
- When you participate in a contractual arrangement with us;
- When you provide information in conjunction with that contractual arrangement; or
- When you interact with us in any other way.
We also may collect Personal Data from other sources, including:
- Publicly available databases;
- Business partners, when they share the information with us;
- Referral sources; and
- Social media platforms.
We and our other service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your use of our systems where permitted and an App
- When you use our IT systems we may collect Other Information. When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Data. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data as long as it is combined.
How we use personal data
We and our other service providers use Personal Data for legitimate business purposes, including:
Providing and Receiving Services.
- To contact other companies or organisations in connection with providing products or services.
- To respond to inquiries and fulfill requests from our customers and others, administer their projects and orders and manage our relationships with them.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with others including you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Providing the functionality of our Services
- To provide our service functionality to you, such as arranging access to our systems, and providing you with related service.
- To respond to your inquiries, when you contact us electronically or otherwise (e.g., when you send us questions, suggestions, or when you request other information about our products and services).
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding our products and services and changes to our terms, conditions and policies, and security and administrative requirements.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Accomplishing our business purposes
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our products and services.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- To meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
How we disclose personal information
We disclose Personal Data:
- To third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us and you
- These can include providers of services such as insurance schemes, security vetting, services-related consulting, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
We also use and disclose your Personal Data as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations including laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For other legal reason such as to enforce our terms and conditions and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale, merger or business transaction.
How long we retain personal data
We retain Personal Data for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and you provide your services to us;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of our transactions or communications for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
What security measures we use
We have implemented internal policies and technical measures to protect Personal Data from loss, accidental destruction, misuse or disclosure. Such internal policies and technical measures include:
- The use of pseudonymisation and encryption of personal data where appropriate;
- Procedures and controls to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
- Procedures and controls to restore the availability and access to Personal Data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident;
- Procedures for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organisational measures for ensuring the security of the processing; and
- Procedures to ensure that data is not accessed, except by individuals in the proper performance of their duties.
Your Personal Data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using our Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Data.
Some of the non-EEA countries are recognised by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, to protect your Personal Data.
You have the following rights in respect of your Personal Data that we hold:
- Right of access. You have the right to obtain confirmation of whether, and where, we are processing your Personal Data; information about the categories of we are processing Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and information as to how we determine applicable retention periods; information about the categories of recipients with whom we may share your Personal Data; and a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- Right of portability. You have the right, in limited circumstances, to receive a copy of the Personal Data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use, or to request the transfer of your Personal Data to another person.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to obtain rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data we hold about you without undue delay.
- Right to erasure. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to erase your Personal Data without undue delay if the continued processing of that Personal Data is not justified.
- Right to restriction. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to limit the purposes for which we process your Personal Data if the continued processing of the Personal Data in this way is not justified, such as where the accuracy of the Personal Data is contested by you.
- Right to object. You have a right to object to any processing based on our legitimate interests where there are grounds relating to your particular situation. There may be compelling reasons for continuing to process your Personal Data, and we will assess and inform you if that is the case. You can object to marketing activities for any reason.
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer:
Paul Amos, Snr Data Privacy & Records Retention Manager. Bryn Brithdir, Oakdale Business Park, Blackwood NP12 4AA. Tel 01495 234410 or 07747 216521. firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to complain to your local Data Protection Authority, which in the UK is the Information Commission’s Office. They are situated at:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Or by telephone on 0303 123 1113 or find more details at www.ico.org.uk
The General Dynamics UK recruitment data privacy notice can be found here.
The registered address for General Dynamics is; General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited, 21 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1A 2DY. The company registration number is 1911653.