We are a major player in Britain’s high-tech economy and defence industrial base:
- More than 900 highly-skilled jobs sustained at our sites in Oakdale and Merthyr, South Wales, with a further 200 at our sites in Hastings
- We are a pioneer in UK innovation; we have developed the concept of joint integration bodies for key systems and networks in partnership with the UK MoD and other leaders in the high-tech industries
- Our commitment to investing in our people opens up opportunities to offer local employment to graduates, apprentices and highly-skilled engineers, as well as strengthening the entrepreneurial foundations for future business enterprises
- We have worked with over 100 small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) on collaborative projects through our EDGE UK® programme
- Our employees based in Wales earn up to 77 per cent higher salaries than the Welsh average
- Our tactical communications programmes, such as Bowman, have contributed approximately £2.5 billion to the Welsh economy, and more than £4 billion to the UK economy.
- We have built a unique UK capability in the integration and digitisation of Armoured Fighting Vehicles, bringing together the best of the UK’s automotive and defence engineering skills and successfully integrating 16,000 of the entire range of the British Army’s current fleet, from Challenger tanks to Land Rovers
- We have invested more than £12 million in a new UK Armoured Fighting Vehicle Centre of Excellence on the site of a former South Wales colliery
- We have established a new Armoured Fighting Vehicle Assembly, Integration and Testing (AIT) facility in South Wales to deliver AJAX to the British Army.